How do I wash my down jacket?
While it is possible to wash your down jacket, we recommend that you have your jacket professionally cleaned by a service that specializes in cleaning down.
To machine wash:
- Zip all zippers and attach all hook & loop fasteners.
- Turn garment inside out.
- Use only front-loading washing machine
- Use mild powder detergent - Please do not use liquid detergent.
- Wash in cold water/gentle cycle.
- Use 2 rinse cycles
- After washing, remove jacket and gently squeeze out excess water
- Lay jacket on a towel and press with a clean towel on top to absorb excess water
- Drying could take several hours
- Tumble dry in large commercial dryer on low heat
- Check garment every 15 minutes for overheating and to fluff out any clumps of down that may have developed. Gently shake and redistribute down as it is drying
- When jacket is nearly dry, lay flat or hang to finish drying completely
- DO NOT use top-loading washing machine
- DO NOT use bleach, liquid detergent, or fabric softener
- DO NOT dry out in the sun (UV can damage the nylon fabric)
- DO NOT store garment when it is wet