Can a Windsurf harness be used to Kite?
We strongly discourage it and will not warranty any damaged product.
How does the Posi-Lock buckle work?
There are two parts to the Posi-Lock buckle. Part A has the DAKINE logo stamped on it. Part B is sewn to the harness. Steps to installation:
- Thread the webbing through buckle A. Please note that the DAKINE logo should face towards the end of the spreader bar.
- The webbing should be threaded from underneath, in the middle slot.
- Then thread the webbing from the top, down through the slot next to the DAKINE logo.
- Now slide the curved edge of buckle A through the opening on buckle B.
- Once buckle A is completely through buckle B tighten the webbing. This will lead to buckle A sitting flat on top of buckle B.
- To achieve an even tighter fit pull on the webbing using an up and down motion.
- Once you have gotten the harness as tight as you want pass the webbing back through the opening on the curved part of buckle B.
What is the screw that I found in the back pocket of my harness for?
Your Power Clip buckle system comes complete with a screw and screw sleeve to secure your spreader bar to the buckle. Decide which side of your harness you want to release the spreader bar from and then install the screw and screw sleeve on the opposite Power Clip buckle. The hole is already pre-drilled and the screw and screw sleeve are located in the key pocket on the back of the harness.
How do I install my footstraps and footbeds?
Select 1 front strap, and tighten inboard screw slightly
Tighten outboard screw slightly
Align the ends of the strap so they are parallel
Check size, and then tighten all the way Note; on the back strap the narrow end faces the nose
Control Contour Pair:
Primarily mounted in "duck" stance. Select strap, and tighten inside screw slightly. Tighten outside screw slightly. Align the ends of the strap so they are parallel. Check size, and then tighten all the way.
Note; the narrow end of strap faces to the inside. Primarily mounted in a straight line. Select strap, and tighten inside screw slightly. Tighten outside screw slightly. Check size, and then tighten all the way.
Control Contour Footbed:
Lay pads on board, before removing adhesive backing. Move footbed to find optimum stance. Pay attention to placement of toe bar. Peel and stick Note: footbeds cannot be moved after application.
Vario Contour Footbed:
Lay pads on board, before removing adhesive backing. Move footbed to find optimum stance. Arch support must face the center of board. Peel and stick Note: footbeds cannot be moved after application.
Where are your sizing charts?
You can find our sizing charts here