Finance / Accounting Department
To support Finance Management in carrying out the responsibilities of the Finance/Account Department.
- Prepare account reconciliations and analytical review of various balance sheet and income statement accounts
- Prepare manual journal entries for various accounting transactions
- Develop, enhance, and maintain a strong internal control environment over key cycles including AR, AP, month-end close, and reporting
- Improve and maintain processes to be more efficient and accurate; analyzing areas and transactions that can be automated.
- Daily/weekly/monthly reconciliation of bank statements
- Assist with quarterly and annual audits
- Maintain the Fixed Asset sub-ledger and associated depreciation
- Perform such other accounting, financial, or administrative tasks as may be required from time to time- quite often on short notice – by the VP of Finance or Sr. Accounting Analyst
- A Bachelor’s degree in accounting or business & minimum of 3 years applicable experience
- An understanding of GAAP
- Attention to detail
- Strong analytical skills
- Flexible and able to work as part of a team
- Concur Expense Solutions experience
- Proficient in Excel
- Dynamics AX experience
Dakine Market Knowledge
Dakine lives in a number of action sports markets – Surf, Snowboard, Ski, Skate, Windsurf, Kite, and Bike. We also build a wide range of packs and bags for the Men's and Women's lifestyle markets. The staff at Dakine are passionately involved in these sports in their personal time and for their jobs. We have found this to be essential in creating innovative and functional products.
- Wage is based on experience
- Eligible for enrollment in our company sponsored health plan (medical / dental & vision)
- Eligible for DAKINE product at discounted rate
- The Hood River area is a world-class destination for many sports - e.g. snowboarding, skiing, mountain biking, windsurfing, kiteboarding, and motocross
- Year-round snowboarding / skiing on Mount Hood - the only year-round lift-served area in North America; lifts open until 9 pm during winter
- Great local skate park
- City of Portland is a 1-hour drive (staff regularly visit Portland after work and weekends)
- Oregon Coast is 2.5 hours drive for surfing, wave sailing, etc.
- Year round population in town: 7,000. County of Hood River has 22,000 people. Plus large tourism population growth in peak winter and summer months
- Most of the people in Hood River love to be outside, are passionate about their sports, are very friendly, and care about the environment
- Many staff ride their bikes or walk to work; the average car commute is 6 minutes (7 minutes at rush hour)
- Official City Data: http://www.city-data.com/city/Hood-River-Oregon.html
This is a full-time, Hood River, OR position. Three years’ experience is required to apply. Reports directly to the Sr. Accounting Specialist.
Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Please email your resume to: [email protected]