We work hard, play hard and laugh even harder. Our employees are fun, kind, and motivated people that are always ready to lend a hand. Our company culture is what makes showing up to the office truly a pleasure. We are personally and professionally passionate about the sports we design for: Surf, Snowboard, Ski, Skate, Windsurf, Kite, and Mountain Bike. We are also passionate about our Sustainability and Camber Groups that meet regularly to drive the company forward on environmental and social issues. We have found this passion critical to creating innovative and functional products and strive to communicate this stoke with every interaction we have, whether that’s through product, email, website, phone call, or media post.
The Procurement Coordinator will execute the purchasing process of both sample and bulk production with the goal of on-time in-full ex-factory:
- Issue purchase orders in ERP system (Dynamics AX) and send to suppliers for confirmation
- Work with suppliers to get PO Confirmations within 10 working days of submission of a buy
- Have suppliers set a weekly production plan and provide actual volumes vs plan. Summarize status for Procurement Manager and recommend corrective actions for delays (air freight, prioritization, etc.)
- Ensure highest degree of data accuracy of purchase orders; especially ex-factory and ETA dates
- Track bookings on forwarders online tool, to ensure no time lost between production completion and ex-factory
- Coordinate accurate and timely completion of shipping documentation for all Int’l Distributors drop ship orders
- Support the Procurement Manager in the implementation of any new processes with suppliers.
- Seek best practices to implement continuous improvement efforts to the purchasing process
- Ensure accuracy of price stickers, and troubleshoot errors
- Update Vendor Compliance Manual as customer needs or regulations change, and make sure suppliers understand and can execute as intended.
- Suppliers, Inbound Logistics, Int’l Distributor Sales, Int’l Distributors, AP, Merchandising, Product Team
- At least 2 years purchasing experience with Asia based suppliers, preferably in the outdoor/sports industry
- Highly analytical with strong problem-solving skills (6 Sigma a plus)
- Very strong in MS Office, especially Excel (Access a plus)
- Ability to be flexible, resourceful, intuitive, fast-paced and set priorities
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Salary is based on experience
- Eligible for enrollment in our company sponsored health plan (medical & dental, with options for vision)
- Eligible for enrollment in our 401k plan
- Eligible for our pro-deal purchase partnership (We have over 80 action sports and clothing companies that offer DAKINE employees a 50-70% discount off retail pricing)
- The Hood River area is a world class destination for many sports (e.g. snowboarding, skiing, mountain biking, windsurfing, kiteboarding, motocross, fishing, kayaking, etc.)
- Year round snowboarding / skiing on Mount Hood (the only year-round lift-served area in North America)
- Great local skate parks
- City of Portland is a 1 hour drive (staff regularly visit Portland after work and weekends)
- Oregon Coast is 2.5 hours drive for surfing, wave sailing, crabbing, etc.
- Year round population in town: 7,000. County of Hood River has 22,000 people. Plus large tourism population growth in peak winter and summer months
- Most of the people in Hood River love to be outside, are passionate about their sports, are very friendly, and care about the environment
- Many staff ride their bikes or walk to work; the average car commute is 6 minutes (7 minutes at rush hour)
- Official City Data: http://www.city-data.com/city/Hood-River-Oregon.html
This is a full-time, in-house position. Minimum of two years professional experience is required to apply.
Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Please email your resume to: [email protected]