Product Developer - Glove Division
- Prepare and maintain product specification packages
- Perform daily communications with vendors and suppliers
- Assist in the sourcing and development of new raw materials, trims, treatments, and embellishments
- Maintain fabric and treatment sample libraries
- Monitor quality control standards for raw materials and finished products
- Maintain internal product copy databases for catalog, hang tags and website
- Negotiate price on finished goods, trims, materials, etc.
- Assist Customer Service and Warranty Departments with technical support
- Provide additional support for photo shoots, trade shows, sales meetings, and focus groups as required
- Possess a strong work ethic and be able to perform effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Must be detail oriented, highly organized, and ability to manage timelines across multiple seasons
- Glove development/construction preferred but not a pre-requisite
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Working knowledge of Outlook, Word, Excel, and Adobe Illustrator
- Valid US work permit
- Domestic and international travel is required
Dakine Market Knowledge
Dakine lives in a number of action sports markets – Surf, Snowboard, Ski, Skate, Windsurf, Kite, and Bike. We also build a wide range of packs and bags for the Men's and Women's lifestyle markets. The staff at Dakine are passionately involved in these sports in their personal time and for their jobs. We have found this to be essential in creating innovative and functional products.
- Salary is based on experience
- Eligible for enrollment in our company-sponsored health plan (medical & dental, with options for vision)
- Eligible for enrollment in our 401k plan
- Dakine carries a $25,000 life insurance policy on all full-time employees
- Eligible for our pro-deal purchase partnership (We have over 80 action sports and clothing companies that offer Dakine employees a 50-70% discount off retail pricing)
- The Hood River area is a world-class destination for many sports - e.g. snowboarding, skiing, mountain biking, windsurfing, kiteboarding, and motocross
- Year-round snowboarding / skiing on Mount Hood - the only year-round lift-served area in North America; lifts open until 9 pm during winter
- Great local skate park
- City of Portland is a 1-hour drive (staff regularly visit Portland after work and weekends)
- Oregon Coast is 2.5 hours drive for surfing, wave sailing, etc.
- Year round population in town: 7,000. County of Hood River has 22,000 people. Plus large tourism population growth in peak winter and summer months
- Most of the people in Hood River love to be outside, are passionate about their sports, are very friendly, and care about the environment
- Many staff ride their bikes or walk to work; the average car commute is 6 minutes (7 minutes at rush hour)
- Official City Data: http://www.city-data.com/city/Hood-River-Oregon.html
This is a full-time, in-house position. Minimum of three years professional experience is required to apply.
Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Please email your resume to: [email protected]