Product Developer II - Gloves
Dakine lives in the Surf, Snowboard, Ski, Skate, Windsurf, Kite, and Bike action sports markets and builds a wide range of lifestyle packs and bags. Our Dakine team also plays hard in the sports we proudly serve and we consider this to be essential in the creation of our innovative and functional products.
We are searching for a talented and passionate Product Developer II for our Gloves division. This position is instrumental in the development of our Snow Gloves, Mitts, Mountain Bike and Protection Gloves.
This is a full-time, in-house position based out of our Hood River, OR office. Minimum of 3 years of Product Development experience is required to apply. Bonus points if you have worked in the outdoor or action sports markets and have prior experience in gloves!
Only candidates who meet these requirements will be contacted.
- Collaborate with Product Line Manager and Design teams to execute seasonal developments from tech pack to prototyping, sampling, through to bulk production.
- Perform daily communications with vendors and suppliers and factories
- Tech pack creation and management - Prepare and maintain product specification packages
Collaborate with Designers for tech packs, prototyping, and sample requests
Communicate tech packs, prototype and sample requests to factories
Ensure all prototypes and samples meet technical construction requirements
Maintain product material and construction information
Manage measurement specs from prototypes to sample and bulk production
Negotiate price on finished goods, trims, materials, etc.
- Source and develop new raw materials, trims, treatments and embellishments
Manage and maintain fabric and treatment sample libraries
Approve and monitor MOQ/MCQ, leadtime and pricing of raw materials
Coordinate material efficiency across product line
Manage lab dip and print strikeoffs for materials
Ensure raw materials are confirmed and purchased to meet product lifecycle calendar
- Team collaboration
Coordinate with PLM and Design to develop seasonal product creation calendar dates
Coordinate with Design to ensure trim and print artwork is on calendar and deliverable
Coordinate with procurement and suppliers for lead times and SMS, Bulk buy schedules
Coordinate with PLM and Merchandising team on forecasts to trim and raw material suppliers
- Provide additional support for photo shoots, trade shows, sales meetings and focus groups as required
- Monitor quality control standards for raw materials and finished products
- Assist Customer Service and Warranty Departments with technical support
- Possess a strong work ethic and be able to perform effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Must be detail oriented, highly organized, and ability to manage timelines across multiple seasons
- Glove development/construction or technical apparel development preferred but not a pre-requisite
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Working knowledge of Outlook, Word, Excel, and Adobe Illustrator
- Valid US work permit
- Domestic and international travel is required
- Salary is based on experience
- Eligible for enrollment in our company sponsored health plan (medical & dental, with options for vision)
- Eligible for enrollment in our 401k plan
- Dakine carries a $25,000 life insurance policy on all full time employees
- Eligible for employee discount on Dakine products.
- The Hood River area is a world-class destination for many sports - e.g. snowboarding, skiing, mountain biking, windsurfing, kiteboarding, and motocross
- Year round snowboarding / skiing on Mount Hood (the only year-round lift-served area in North America)
- Great local skate parks
- City of Portland is a 1-hour drive (staff regularly visit Portland after work and weekends)
- Oregon Coast is 2.5 hours drive for surfing, wave sailing, etc.
- Year round population in town: 7,000. County of Hood River has 22,000 people. Plus large tourism population growth in peak winter and summer months
- Most of the people in Hood River love to be outside, are passionate about their sports, are very friendly, and care about the environment
- Many staff ride their bikes or walk to work; the average car commute is 6 minutes (7 minutes at rush hour)
- Official City Data: http://www.city-data.com/city/Hood-River-Oregon.html
This is a full-time, in-house position. Minimum of three years professional experience is required to apply.
Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Please email your resume to: [email protected]