DESIGN & DEVELOPMENT
Product Developer II – Technical Packs & Bags
To assist the Product Line Manager and the Merchandising team in all areas of development for backpacks, travel bags and accessories.
- Prepare and maintain product specifications packages
- Perform daily communications with vendors and suppliers
- Assist in the sourcing and development of new raw materials, treatments, and embellishments
- Maintain fabric and treatment sample libraries
- Monitor quality control standards for raw materials and finished products
- Maintain internal product copy databases for catalog, hang tag and website
- Assist Customer Service and Warranty departments with technical support
- Provide additional support for photo shoots, trade shows, sales meetings and focus groups as required
- Five or more years product development experience
- Knowledge of pack & bag design and development with technical attributes of performance materials and production techniques preferred
- Must be experienced in international travel and be self-sufficient in working with both domestic and overseas vendors
- Possess a strong work ethic and be able to perform effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Must be detailed oriented and highly organized
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Working knowledge of Outlook, Word, Excel, and Adobe Illustrator
- Valid US work permit
- Some domestic and international travel is required
Dakine Market Knowledge
Dakine lives in a number of action sports markets – Surf, Snowboard, Ski, Skate, Windsurf, Kite, and Bike. The staff at Dakine are passionately involved in these sports in their personal time and for their jobs. We have found this to be essential in creating innovative and functional products.
- Salary is based on experience
- Eligible for enrollment in our company-sponsored health plan (medical with dental, and vision)
- Eligible for enrollment in our 401k plan
- Eligible for Dakine employee discount
- The Hood River area is a world-class destination for many sports - e.g. snowboarding, skiing, mountain biking, windsurfing, kiteboarding, and motocross
- Year-round snowboarding / skiing on Mount Hood - the only year-round lift-served area in North America; lifts open until 9 pm during winter
- Great local skate park
- City of Portland is a 1-hour drive (staff regularly visit Portland after work and weekends)
- Oregon Coast is 2.5 hours drive for surfing, wave sailing, etc.
- Year round population in town: 7,000. County of Hood River has 22,000 people. Plus large tourism population growth in peak winter and summer months
- Most of the people in Hood River love to be outside are passionate about their sports, are very friendly, and care about the environment
- Many staff ride their bikes or walk to work; the average car commute is 6 minutes (7 minutes at rush hour)
- Official City Data: http://www.city-data.com/city/Hood-River-Oregon.html
This is a full-time, in-house position. Minimum of five years professional experience is required to apply.
Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Please email your resume to: [email protected]