Strategic Sourcing Specialist
To execute the purchasing process of both sample and bulk production with the goal of on-time in-full ex-factory:
- Issue purchase orders in ERP system (Dynamics AX) and send to suppliers for confirmation.
- Facilitate negotiation of fabric style/color level MOQ’s between Merchandising and suppliers.
- Work with suppliers to get PO Confirmations within 10 working days of submission of a buy.
- Have suppliers set a weekly production plan, and provide actual volumes vs plan. Summarize status for Procurement Manager and recommend corrective actions for delays (air freight, prioritization, etc.).
- Ensure highest degree of data accuracy of purchase orders; especially ex-factory and ETA dates.
- Track bookings on forwarders online tool, to ensure no time lost between production completion and ex-factory.
- Coordinate accurate and timely completion of shipping documentation for all Int’l Distributors drop ship orders.
- Support the Procurement Manager in the implementation of any new processes with suppliers.
- Seek best practices to implement continuous improvement efforts to the purchasing process.
- Ensure accuracy of price stickers, and troubleshoot errors.
- Support all efforts related to quality assurance and quality control
- Update Vendor Compliance Manual as customer needs or regulations change and make sure suppliers understand and can execute as intended.
- Suppliers, Inbound Logistics, Int’l Distributor Sales, Int’l Distributors, AP, Merchandising, Product Team.
Qualified candidates must possess the following experience/skills/qualifications:
- At least 2 years purchasing experience with Asia based suppliers, preferably in the outdoor/sports industry.
- Highly analytical with strong problem-solving skills (6 Sigma a plus).
- Very strong in MS Office, especially Excel (Access a plus).
- Ability to be flexible, resourceful, intuitive, fast-paced and set priorities.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Dakine Market Knowledge
Dakine lives in a number of action sports markets – Surf, Snowboard, Ski, Skate, Windsurf, Kite, and Bike. We also build a wide range of packs and bags for the Men’s and Women’s lifestyle markets. The staff at Dakine are passionately involved in these sports in their personal time and for their jobs. We have found this to be essential in creating innovative and functional products.
- Salary is based on experience
- Eligible for enrollment in our company-sponsored health plan (medical with vision, with options for dental)
- Eligible for enrollment in our 401k plan
- Eligible for DAKINE employee discount
- The Hood River area is a world-class destination for many sports - e.g. snowboarding, skiing, mountain biking, windsurfing, kiteboarding, and motocross
- Year round snowboarding / skiing on Mount Hood - the only year-round lift-served area in North America; lifts open until 9 pm during winter
- Great local skate park
- City of Portland is a 1-hour drive (staff regularly visit Portland after work and weekends)
- Oregon Coast is 2.5 hours drive for surfing, wave sailing, etc.
- Year round population in town: 7,000. County of Hood River has 22,000 people. Plus large tourism population growth in peak winter and summer months
- Most of the people in Hood River love to be outside, are passionate about their sports, are very friendly, and care about the environment
- Many staff ride their bikes or walk to work; the average car commute is 6 minutes (7 minutes at rush hour)
- Official City Data: http://www.city-data.com/city/Hood-River-Oregon.html
This is a full-time, in-house position in Hood River, Oregon, USA. Minimum of 2 years’ experience required to apply
Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Please email your resume to: email@example.com