The Dakine Pray For Snow Giveaway Sweepstakes Official Rules
The Dakine Pray for Snow Giveaway Sweepstakes gives entrants a chance to win prizes and gear through random drawings and instant win opportunities (collectively, the "Sweepstakes"). The Sweepstakes is subject to these Official Rules except as expressly stated otherwise. No purchase necessary to enter or win. A purchase or payment will not increase your chances of winning. The Sweepstakes is sponsored by Dakine IP Holdings LP, 504 N. Broadway, Redondo Beach, CA 90277 (the “Sponsor”).
1. Eligibility: Each individual Sweepstakes is open to legal residents of United States and Canada, excluding Quebec, who are at least 18 years of age or older as of the start of the Sweepstakes Period, as defined below (“Entrants”). Employees of Dakine, Marquee Brands LLC and its affiliates, Sweepstakes supervisors and members of their immediate families, are not eligible to participate or win. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws, rules and regulations. Void where prohibited.
2. Sweepstakes Period: All the individual Sweepstakes begin at or about 12:01 a.m. California Time (“PST”) on December 6, 2022, and ends at 11:59 p.m. PST on December 13, 2022 (the “Sweepstakes Period”). Limit one entry per natural person.
3. How to Enter the Sweepstakes. Online entries only. Access the entry page at [dakine.com]. Enter the requested information, including your name, email address and phone number. Then, using the pull-down menu provided, select from one of the Alterra resorts for which you would like tickets. The resorts include:
- Big Bear/Snow Summit
- Mammoth Mountain
- June Mountain
- Palisades Tahoe
- Crystal Mountain
- Deer Valley
- Winter Park
- Blue Mountain
4. Spin the Wheel: Once Entrants have provided their information, they will have the opportunity to click on a “Spin the Wheel” game for their first chance to win prizes. Prizes may include additional chances to spin the wheel and discount coupons, which have no independent value. Prizes will also include up to 34 pieces of Dakine gear, including gloves, hoodies, and beanies, as outerwear outlined below. Any prizes not given away or claimed during the Spin the Wheel promotion will not be subsequently awarded.
5. Entry Conditions. Online entries must be received no later than 11:59 pm on the Sweepstakes end date, according to Sponsor’s Time Clock. Any entries received after that time will not be considered. Incomplete, garbled, corrupted or illegible entries are void and will not be accepted. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, damaged, delayed, destroyed, misdirected, or incomplete entries. All entries become the property of the Sponsor. Persons discovered entering under multiple identities will be disqualified. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify false entries or entries suspected of being false. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of a Selected Entrant, the selected entry will be deemed to be the person in whose name the email account was opened.
6. Odds: Odds of winning a prize or a discount depend on the number of eligible entries received.
7. Winner Selection and Notification of Selected Entrant:
On or about 7:00 pm PST on the day after the Sweepstakes Period, each qualified entry will be entered into random drawings for the prizes listed by Sponsor, or a representative of Sponsor, of all qualified entries received during the Sweepstakes Period for each of the thirteen (13) locations, to determine one (1) potential winner (“Lift Ticket Winner”) per location. The remaining prizes will be drawn thereafter to determine the gear winners (“Gear Winners”) for the product prizes. If the Selected Entrant is a Canadian resident, they will be sent a timed skills question at a mutual agreeable time in order to proceed to becoming a winner. The timed skills question must be answered correctly in order for a Canadian winner to receive a prize. Collectively, all winners will be considered “Selected Entrants.”
The Selected Entrants will be contacted using the information they provided in the entry form. Selected Entrants will have seventy-two (72) hours to respond and claim their prizes. If they do not respond with seventy-two (72) hours a new winner may be selected, up to one (1) time. Selected Entrants may also be sent a Declaration of Eligibility/Liability /Publicity release (“Release”). Unless restricted by law, Selected Entrants will be required to complete and return the Release within five (5) days from the date of initial response. An alternate Selected Entrant may be randomly selected from among the remaining eligible entries if a Selected Entrant: (i) cannot be reached; (ii) fails to obtain all signatures on the Release and to return the documents in a timely manner as required pursuant to these Official Rules; or (iii) cannot accept or receive the prize for any reason. Selected Entrants will have the prize sent by mail within eight (8) to ten (10) business days of the date on which the Sponsor receives the Selected Entrant’s address and the completed, signed Release (exact timing subject to change based upon availability of prize). In some cases, Sponsor may send prize via email or voucher to be used online. In the event of a dispute about the identity of an Entrant, each entry will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the email account submitted at time of entry. Prizes will be delivered using email addresses provided, where possible for the lift tickets. In the event such delivery is not possible, Sponsor will make ticket available at Will Call at the specific resort using the information provided on the declarations. For the product prizes, Sponsor, at its option, will either mail the prize to the United States only address on the declaration or entry form, or will provide a digital code to use at a Dakine retailer.
8. Prizes: There will be thirteen (13) Lift Ticket Winners, one (1) for each resort location, who will each win the resort prize consisting of:
Two (2) Lift Tickets to the selected resort: ARV $250 US (average prize may vary depending upon redemption time, and no credit shall be provided to winner in the event there is a discrepancy between the actual price and the value listed here)
In the event the Spin the Wheel instant win game does not distribute the following prizes, winners will be drawn for the remainder of prizes with the following distribution:
- 10 pairs Dakine gloves: ARV $100 USD each pair (total value: $1,000)
- 10 Dakine hoodies: ARV $70 USD each (total value: $700)
- 10 Dakine Beanies: ARV $20 USD each (total value: $200)
- 2 Dakine Ski Jacket/Pants sets: AVR $1,000 USD each set (total value: $2,000)
No substitution, transfer, or cash redemption of prize permitted, provided however that Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize with another prize of equal or greater value should the advertised prize become unavailable for any reason, and no winner is entitled to any difference between the actual value and the retail value of any prize. Selected Entrant cannot assign or transfer their prize to another person or business. Selected Entrant is solely responsible for any and all federal, state, and local taxes on prize. If prize notification or any prize is returned as undeliverable, or if Selected Entrant may not accept or receive a prize for any reason, prize will be forfeited. Sponsor will not make multiple attempts to contact Selected Entrants. Winners of a Dakine Ski Jacket/Pants set, if s/he/they are a US resident, will be required to provide a Social Security Number based upon the value of the prize, and will receive an IRS Form 1099, given winning a Dakine Ski Jacket/Pants set is a taxable event.
9. Publicity: By participating in any of the Sweepstakes listed, any Entrant in any Sweepstakes, irrevocably grants the Sponsor and their respective successors, assigns and licensees, the right to use such Entrant’s, name, and the submitted photograph, the Entrant’s biographical information in any and all media for any purpose, including without limitation, commercial, advertising and promotional purposes as well as in, on or in connection with the Website or the any of the Sweepstakes or other promotions, and hereby release the Sponsor from any liability with respect thereto, unless prohibited by law.
10. General Conditions: By participating, and except where prohibited, Entrants agree to be fully and unconditionally bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, and waive any right to claim ambiguity in the Sweepstakes or these Official Rules. Any portion of the Sweepstakes may be canceled, suspended and/or modified, in whole or in part, if in our opinion any fraud, technical failure or other factor beyond our control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who is found to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or the Website, to be acting in violation of these Official Rules, or to be acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with the intent to disrupt or undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes, or to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person, and Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. You may not enter with multiple identities or use any automated system, bot or other device or artifice to enter or obtain more than the maximum number of qualified entries. Unclaimed prizes will not be awarded. All federal, state or other tax liabilities (including income taxes) arising from this series of Sweepstakes will be the sole responsibility of Selected Entrant. Caution: Any attempt to deliberately damage or undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes series may be in violation of criminal and civil laws and will result in disqualification from participation in the Sweepstakes. Should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages (including attorney fees) to the fullest extent of the law, including criminal prosecution, except where prohibited.
11. Limitations of Liability: If for any reason an entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, the Entrant's sole remedy is another entry in the same Sweepstakes during any Sweepstakes Period still open. Except where prohibited, Selected Entrants also agree to release, discharge, indemnify and hold harmless Sponsor and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents (collectively “Releasees”) from and against any claims, damages, disability, attorneys' fees, and costs of litigation and settlement, as well as any liability due to any injuries, damages or losses to any person (including death) or property of any kind resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from: (i) use, redemption, acceptance, possession, ownership, or misuse of any prize, (ii) participation in any activity, event, or excursion offered in connection with the prize, (iii) use of any facility, service and/or accommodation related to the prize, or (iv) participation in any Sweepstakes-related activity or participation in this Sweepstakes series. The Releasees shall not be liable for: (a) late, lost, delayed, misdirected, incomplete unreadable, inaccurate, garbled or unintelligible entries, communications or affidavits, regardless of the method of transmission; (b) telephone system, telephone or computer hardware, software or other technical malfunctions, lost connections, disconnections, delays or transmission errors; (c) data corruption, theft, destruction, unauthorized access to or alteration of entry or other materials; (d) any injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by the prize or resulting from acceptance, possession or use of a prize, or from participation in the Sweepstakes; or (e) any printing, typographical, administrative or technological errors in any materials associated with the Sweepstakes series. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, Releasees are not responsible for computer malfunctions, network connections, email delivery problems, systems failure or incompatibility, typographical, technical or key-stroke errors, or interruptions in your internet service, and for incomplete, illegible, misdirected, misprinted, late, lost, damaged or stolen notifications. In the event Sponsor is prevented from continuing with the Sweepstakes as contemplated herein by any event beyond its control, including but not limited to fire, flood, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of G-d or public enemy, or any federal, state or local government law, order, or regulation, or other cause not reasonably within Sponsor’s control (each a "Force Majeure" event or occurrence), then subject to any governmental approval which may be required, Sponsor shall have the right to modify, suspend, or terminate the Sweepstakes. If the Sweepstakes is terminated before the designated end date, Sponsor will (if possible) select the winners from all eligible, non-suspect Submissions received as of the date of the event giving rise to the termination. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
12. Disputes: Disputes regarding these Official Rules and/or this Sweepstakes will be governed by the internal laws of California. Decisions of Sponsor are binding and final. No claimant in any dispute involving Sponsor shall be entitled to claim or obtain indirect, punitive, incidental or consequential damages. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any provision in these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
13. Sweepstakes Results: For Sweepstakes results and/or a copy of these Official Rules, email a request to firstname.lastname@example.org within ninety (90) days of the end of the last Sweepstakes. Please specify the name of the promotion in the subject line or body of the email.
© 2022, Dakine. All rights reserved.